Gifts From Foreign Person

Occasionally I get asked about money received from a foreign trust or from a relative who is a foreign national.

“Do I have to Report it?”

The short answer is maybe. If you receive more than $100,000 from a nonresident alien individual or foreign estate, or more than $14,3 from foreign corporations or partnerships that you treated as gifts then you need to file Form 3520.

Leave a Reply